Posted 10 Mar 2023
Closes 9 Apr 2023
Oaktree is an ambitious non-for-profit, with the mission of young people leading, demanding and creating a just world. We work across the Asia-Pacific region by supporting youth-led, grassroots organisations to tackle issues they identify as important in their communities. Our aim is to decolonise the international development mechanism by supporting our partners to lead the change they want to see. Our partners currently work in the areas of climate action and sustainability; gender equality; education; youth employment and enterprise; and technology and innovation. Our volunteers are our biggest strength at Oaktree, so it’s incredibly important to efficiently recruit, train and maintain a strong volunteer base.
As Events Officer you will be responsible for design, planning and executing events for undergraduate students, in order to engage and support them as early career starters, as well as generate revenue which enables Oaktree’s impact. You will also establish partnerships with local businesses that will support the delivery of these events, and assist Oaktree Management in the delivery of major fundraising events.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Design, organise and deliver engaging events for undergraduate students, in order to support them as they enter the workforce.
- Analyse event outcomes and assist in the development of a new engagement program for undergraduate students.
- Establish partnerships with local businesses who are aligned with Oaktree’s values.
- Support Oaktree Management to deliver stewardship and fundraising events for major donors.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO:
- Is enthusiastic about and has experience with facilitating events.
- Has a passion for social impact, and believes in empowering people to create the changes they want to see in their communities.
- Is proactive, organised, and manages their time effectively.
- Enjoys building relationships with people.
- Can communicate clearly and effectively.
WHAT YOU WILL GET OUT OF IT:
- Develop valuable experience and skills in fundraising, events management , program design and relationship management.
- Help provide meaningful and valuable experiences for young people seeking to enter the workforce.
- Help generate the funding and resources which enable Oaktree’s international impact: empowering young people to tackle sustainable development challenges in their own communities.
- Collaborate closely with passionate, impact-oriented and like-minded young people across Australia.
TIME COMMITMENT: 10 hours per week (voluntary).
PREFERRED AVAILABILITY: Tuesdays & Fridays, office hours.
ROLE TERM: 24 April – 10 December 2023.
REQUIREMENT: Valid Working with Children’s Check in Victoria (you
can apply for one if you are an interstate volunteer).
REPORTS TO: Business Development Manager
For any questions, queries, or concerns, please contact the Business Development Manager, Ava Rego at email@example.com.
- Contact Name: Lucie Tolhoek
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org