Event Sales Executive
Melbourne - CBD & Inner Suburbs
Posted 6 Sep 2022
Closes 6 Oct 2022
Are you looking to develop your career in an exciting new industry?
Are you passionate about helping to drive memorable event experiences?
We’re looking for an organised & motivated personality to join our Event Sales team at the biggest games and entertainment company in Australia.
Fortress, a gaming lifestyle company, owns and operates a massive, multi-level entertainment venue devoted to gaming – everything from board games, arcade, PC and console. Situated in the CBD at the luxury Emporium shopping centre, ‘Fortress Melbourne’ is an incredible addition to the city’s cultural, tourism and nightlife offering.
The 1,000 capacity venue includes an 800 sq/m 200 seat live esports arena (the ‘Alienware Arena’), 150+ premium LAN PCs, old school arcade games, two licensed bars, private party spaces, a full-service Tavern restaurant holding specially created VIP video game booths and designated board game / tabletop areas, merchandise store, dedicated streamer pods, and a live broadcast production facility.
We’re looking for a pro-active and outgoing professional with experience in handling event sales and forging strong client relationships. You’re energetic, determined, friendly and can work efficiently in a fast-paced and exciting environment. You will be willing to receive direction from our Sales Manager as needed, and have the ability to execute your task list as required by your role.
About the Role
The Event Sales Executive will work closely with clients to establish their requirements and to book functions and events within the venue. They will be responsible for the successful booking of all inbound event enquiries to include the selling and booking of venue space for a variety of event types after which they will handover to the events and operations team to execute. The Event Sales Executive will primarily report to the Sales Manager where support will be provided for the successful closing of all sales. At times, there will also be the requirement to prospect for new business and assist the Sales Manager with any ancillary jobs required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the planning, organising and coordinating of various types of client event sales including large scale corporate functions, adult celebration events, kids parties. youth group bookings, etc.
- Receive, handle and convert enquiries into event bookings
- Plan events with attention to financial and time constraints
- Encourage repeat business through excellent customer service and client relationship management
- Meet with clients in person and conduct Fortress Melbourne site visits
- Use the company’s CRM to prepare event documentation to send to the client
- Oversee event occurrences and act quickly to resolve problems
- Solve problems for clients and customers by developing innovative and tailored sales solutions
- Negotiate space, dates and rates to obtain booking goals while focusing on meeting clients’ needs and expectations together with maximising profits
- Responsible for keeping track of event revenue on a weekly basis
- Achieve individual KPIs set for specific targets
- Provide event revenue reports and lead conversion reports
- Monitor competitor products, services and promotional activities
- Attend trade shows, exhibitions and industry events to promote Fortress Melbourne
- Foster relationships and maintain positive, open communication with all stakeholders to promote smooth and efficient operations
- Assist with market research to develop warm leads
- Maintain contact with existing clients to make sure they are satisfied and request referrals
- Execute outbound sales duties as required
- Support reporting on weekly sales goals and objectives surrounding any outbound projects
- Ensure that work activities are completed accurately, efficiently, and in a timely manner
- Maintain professionalism and a friendly and approachable demeanour
What You’ll Bring
- A minimum of 2+ years experience in event sales or event management
- Knowledge about video games
- Prior use of Tripleseat / HubSpot
- Ability to convert enquiries into sales
- Outstanding negotiation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to function well under pressure
- Is well-organized with multi-tasking skills
- Ability to meet targets and exceed them
- Ability to think quickly and problem solve in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively on multiple events simultaneously with tight deadlines
- Full Australian working rights
The successful candidate will:
- Have a strong presence/holds themselves confidently
- Present themselves professionally
- Be highly organised
- Be passionate about our venue & its possibilities
- Have the ability to deal with a wide range of clients including corporate entities, businesses, schools, clubs, group sales and individuals.
- Have the ability to thrive under pressure whilst maintaining a positive attitude
- Be able to handle stress & remain calm
- Be a team player
- Possess a confident & persuasive personality
- Have the ability to develop meaningful business relationships
- Possess exceptional organisational, time management and people skills with the ability to work cross-functionally.
- Have a strong work ethic with a positive, proactive can-do attitude
- Have an approachable attitude and a willingness to support other team members
- Be open to new people & ideas
Working with our head office comes with a range of exciting and unique benefits!
- Sunlit office conveniently located in central Melbourne CBD
- Flexible WFH opportunities around the on-site requirements of the role
- Discounts, perks and freebies at Fortress
- Contact Name: Nick Smeed
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org