E-Commerce and Studio Assistant
Posted 13 Nov 2023
Closes 13 Dec 2023
We are currently seeking applications for an E-Commerce and Studio Assistant. In this entry level role, the successful candidate will be responsible for dispatching e-commerce orders, responding to customer enquiries via email and maintaining our warehouse inventory.
Working in a fast-paced environment, the E-Commerce and Studio Assistant will be a team player, have a positive can-do attitude and a strong work ethic and enthusiasm to assist in any area required. Please note, this is not a desk-bound role, you will be spending approximately 80% of your time on your feet/moving.
This role is ideal for a junior looking for the first step in their career, no prior experience is required and extensive training and support will be provided to the successful candidate.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Picking, packing and dispatching e-commerce customer orders.
- Responding to all customer enquiries via email and live chat in a timely and professional manner.
- Processing customer returns, including checking garments, steaming and re-stocking into warehouse inventory.
- Organise and ensure all packaging materials are prepared, well-stocked and on-hand at all times.
- Booking of couriers and shipments
- Ensure complete accuracy in all tech platforms connected to E-Commerce orders – Shopify, ReturnsGo etc.
Inventory / Warehouse
- Receive inbound inventory from suppliers, ensuring accurate stock take is completed and all items are put away correctly and in a timely manner.
- Undertake regular stocktake and organisation of all inventory in the Warehouse to ensure smooth operation and accurate stock levels.
- Ensure a clean, organised and safe workspace at all times in the Warehouse – each day leaving the space clean and tidy and all recycling & bins disposed of.
- Picking, packing and sending bulk inventory replenishments to Matteau retail locations, 3PL and Wholesale partners.
- Ensuring complete accuracy in transfer management in Uphance and Shopify systems.
- Assist with trafficking of press samples inclusive of send outs and returns.
- Assist with dispatch of brand gifting as required.
- Assist Design & Production Departments as required, inclusive of;
- Incoming inventory quality control
- Processing of production orders
- Ordering, counting and packing of trims and accessories
- Deliveries and pick-ups to local makers
- Filing of fabrics and samples
- General studio / office assistance as required, inclusive of;
- Maintaining a safe and tidy workspace for the team.
- Ordering of office and kitchen supplies.
- Preparation of presentations
- Dry-cleaning management
- Other office duties, admin based roles as requested.
Key Attributes include but are not limited to:
- Strong work ethic and enthusiasm to assist in any area required.
- Positive can-do attitude.
- A willingness to learn and apply yourself in any situation.
- Extremely organised with high accuracy and attention to detail.
- Highly focussed to ensure accuracy
- Foresight and strong initiative to see where help may be required and offer to step in and assist.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Efficient time management skills and the ability to multitask.
- Able to work autonomously and prioritise own workload as well as be a strong team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft and Google Drive.
- Physically fit and strong for movement and lifting of cartons within the warehouse.
- Valid Australian drivers license.
- Flexibility to extend working hours when required during busy periods of trade.
- Experience in a similar role or within the fashion retail industry is advantageous, however not required.
- Career development and progression opportunities within a growing fashion business.
- Work in a beautifully designed office environment that has recently been renovated with state of the art features, inclusive of; a well-stocked kitchen, Apple technology and an on-site infrared sauna.
- Central Alexandria location.
- Generous clothing allowance and ongoing discounts.
- Supportive and fun team culture.
Please submit all applications to email@example.com