DistroDirect Client Relations and Product Specialist
Posted 11 Nov 2022
Closes 11 Dec 2022
GYROstream is looking for an experienced DistroDirect Product & Client Relations Specialist to work across its DistroDirect white label product.
A market disruptive White Label B2B (Business to Business) SaaS (Software as a Service) solution, DistroDirect provides a fully customizable and automated distribution platform, delivering music to over 100 DSPs globally including Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, Deezer, TikTok and more. The platform allows any music company to add digital distribution to their current business services, to scale their artist network and increase revenue for their business. Since launching in 2020, DistroDirect has welcomed over 250 hyper-local micro-distributors in over 35 markets globally.
You will assist the senior management team to coordinate the onboarding, day to day communications and premium client services for all existing DistroDirect B2B clients. A quick learner and early adopter of new technologies, systems and processes, you will be required to know the DistroDirect system and its features intimately in a short time to assist in servicing clients to the highest level. Alongside the CEO, you will coordinate communications with DistroDirect clients and assist with additional promotional and pitching services including scheduling and the roll out of global DSP pitching operations.
In addition to servicing existing clients you will help coordinate the administration process for DistroDirect’s US, EU and LATAM based sales teams and inbound leads process as well as sitting in on and conducting software demonstrations and onboarding training sessions with new and potential clients.
The job requires a knowledge of the music distribution process, IT knowledge and a quick learner who is eager to get across new technologies quickly and able to manage multiple partners and relationships to a high standard. Many of DistroDirects partners and all of its sales teams are based offshore, this means you may be required to work hours outside of the usual Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm cycle to accommodate multiple timezones and client needs in a timely manner.
The job requires an exceptional administrator and a confident, enthusiastic and results-driven communicator who thrives on finding good music and has a passion for the independent music sector and building relationships. Ideally you have a minimum of two years experience within the music distribution landscape and you are someone who can develop highly effective systems and work quickly to achieve real and measurable results.
- Work with the CEO and DistroDirect sales teams to onboard, assist and retain strong relationships with DistroDirect partners.
- Administration support for DistroDirect including but not limited to onboarding and website set up including domain redirects answering top level system enquiries relating to royalties, payments & other core features.
- Scheduling and conducting software platform demonstrations for select leads and training sessions for all new clients onboarded
- Coordinate inbound DistroDirect sales leads and assist the management team in administrative efforts to help manage existing DistroDirect sales teams
- Work with the management team to scout and approach new and established music businesses with the intention of bringing them into the DistroDirect family
- Coordinate promotional support calls and filter and schedule centralised pitching requests for eligible DistroDirect partners
- Assist the CMO and marketing team with DistroDirect marketing material creation and communications to store owners
- Assist with testing, briefing, and project managing select IT development projects across the GYROstream and Distrodirect platforms as designated by the CEO
- Work with the A&R and Streaming Partnerships Manager to implement any international pitching strategies required for overseas DistroDirect partners
- Represent GYROstream and DistroDirect in meetings, at shows, and on calls with artist management and bands/brands
- Promote GYROstream and DistroDirect’s full suite of artist promotional services to relevant clients
QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS REQUIRED
- Ability to be both creative and data-driven to achieve outcomes
- Ability to follow instructions and complete administrative tasks to a high standard
- Tech savvy, you will learn to give software demonstrations and explain advanced distribution concepts to partners of all technical abilities
- Proven ability to communicate clearly on a technical level with clients and stakeholders
- Strong experience and understanding of the global music industry and digital landscape
- Excellent knowledge of the digital space, including music retail, analytics and value propositions with an ability to adapt to a constantly changing landscape.
- Highly advanced organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize to tight deadlines
- Passionate about Independent music, with a willingness to attend industry events and shows
- Flexibility to work with multiple timezones, evenings and weekends as required and able to travel if required
- Proven experience in the music industry in a management, production, or curation capacity and has an established network within the music industry.
- Previous music distribution experience preferred but not essential
The role is based in Brisbane with a global focus. GYROstream is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
GYROstream is the leading independent and Australian-owned digital music distribution and artist services company, delivering music to Spotify, Apple, TikTok, Amazon, Youtube and 100+ more. Launched in 2018 and based in Brisbane, Queensland with offices in Sydney, the company represents tens of thousands of Australian and New Zealand artists for global distribution.
Awarded The Music Network’s Music Distributor of the Year award in 2021, GYROstream and its artists are seeing increased success in both AU/NZ and beyond. The company distributed five independent releases landing in the 2021 triple j’s Hottest 100, recently achieved an ARIA number one album with Ruby Fields ‘Been Doin’ It For a Bit’, and is achieving global recognition for artists through targeted DSP playlisting and promotion with stacks of local and international editorial playlist wins every week.
Through its B2B SaaS export product, DistroDirect and niche genre promotional brands therestisnoise and Soothe Sounds, and upstream programs such as GYROgold and GYROrecords, GYROstream as a parent company is expanding rapidly on a global scale.
Much more than just global music distribution, GYROstream also offers additional ad-hoc and bespoke services for independent artists and labels such as PR, digital marketing, playlist pitching, sync opportunities and more. A company that prides itself on premium artist support, GYROstream aims to assist and educate independent AU/NZ artists about effective release strategies to get the best results for their music.
If you are interested, please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com