Posted 27 Jul 2022
Closes 26 Aug 2022
About The Natives
A small team packing a big punch, The Natives create brand-driven digital experiences for clients across Australasia for brand and eCommerce. 5 years young, we’ve got big plans for the next 5 years and we’re looking for a new digital native to join our team and help us smash them out of the park.
About the role
We’ve created the Digital Producer role to bring some central leadership into our small team, and we’re looking for someone confident to jump in the deep end and take the reins across multiple elements of the business. You’ll have plenty of room to leave your stamp on the role as you take complete ownership of production, website and eCommerce projects from start to finish.
Working alongside the Director, Design Lead and our Development Teams (both on and offshore), you’ll be confident to voice your ideas and push for the best possible outcomes – we don’t want a ‘yes’ person, we want a ‘get sh*t done’ person. You’ll bring great ideas to the table and have the confidence to back yourself in challenging the status quo. You’re not afraid to tackle any bumps in the road head on, and you can think on your feet to resolve issues tactically and tactfully.
Not only are you organised, you’re a stickler for detail and will have no problem delivering web projects within an allocated budget and timeframe – you’ll relish the challenge of delivering our signature standard of work across projects of varying sizes and budgets, and keeping all relevant stakeholders informed of updates along the way. Our processes are fairly fluid – part of the Digital Producer role will be sinking your teeth into improving internal systems and rolling these out across the team.
Being a small team, the role involves plenty of client-facing work so you’ll be confident to be a main point of contact on projects you’re running.
We’re keen to equip you the skills you need to succeed in the role, and we’re happy to fund industry professional development or upskilling you’re interested in to help you do it.
We’re on the doorstep of a huge growth period for The Natives, and we want to help you realise your full leadership potential as we scale our team.
A day in the life:
- Monitoring progress to ensure our projects are delivered within allocated timeframes
- Managing website projects in collaboration with the Director
- Creating and streamlining project management processes from start to finish
- Briefing and monitoring the progress of designers and developers daily in order to track progress and maximise productivity
- Reporting to client stakeholders with project updates and status reports
- Writing clear and succinct project scopes, reports and documentation as required
- Understanding of the web design and development process in particular eCommerce
- Impeccable organisational skills with experience working in Asana or similar project management tools
- Strong ability to lead a small team and manage designers, developers and contractors
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Acute decision-making and ability to think quickly and solve problems
- Ability to meet project deadlines and ensure projects stay within budget
- An understanding of digital principles such as UX, UI and Wireframing
- An eye for design and able to critique a web page, spot typos, and make suggestions if things just don’t feel right
- Experience in bug-testing, populating websites and checking projects off for launch
- A drive to make the final product that 10% better than anyone thought possible
- A positive can-do attitude
- Confidence to build and manage happy client relationships with regular communication
- Passion to grow in the role and keen to take on management responsibilities
- Experience with tools such as Google Analytics, GTM, Google Search Console
- An understanding of key marketing concepts like SEO, content marketing, social media marketing, Facebook Pixels etc.
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud and resizing imagery for web
- Minimum 2 years of industry experience (ideally as a producer, PM, web designer, web developer or account manager)
- Demonstrable experience managing CMS-driven websites built with WordPress, Woocommerce and Shopify / Shopify Plus
- While we’re ideally looking for a full-time Digital Producer to join us, we’re happy to discuss a 3 or 4-day role for the right candidate – just let us know your preference when applying.
- Rights to work in Australia
About our team
Our team may be small, but we make up for it with cutting-edge banter and a firm commitment to Friday lunches. Sharing a workspace with our Digital Marketing agency, joint activities are a regular feature on the calendar.
The role can be hybrid with days working from home. When working from the office, you’ll join us in our sunny new space in High Street, Prahran (2-minute walk to Prahran station and right on Tram Route 6).
To apply send a brief introduction and CV to email@example.com