Digital Marketing Specialist | Award Winning Viral Video Creating Travel Company
Posted 28 Feb 2023
Closes 30 Mar 2023
Have you been scrolling through job ads that sound unappealing or boring AF?
Don’t tell me, I bet the usual script goes: “We’re looking for someone with at least 10 years experience, you’ll be a motivated individual but also a team player, you’ll be managing our Facebook and Twitter account (because that’s what worked for us back in 2011)”.
How many of them actually tell you about the company and the culture?
How many times do you even want to keep reading the ad? Not many, right?
If you’re going to work every day, put your time and energy into building a career, you should be looking for an organisation that aligns with your values and a role that you truly believe in.
Imagine actually getting excited about going to work, what a feeling!
If your face is lighting up as you read this, it might be the most important job ad you ever read.
When searching for the best people to join our team, we look for individuals who are switched on, passionate about travel, marketing, and connecting with people.
We want our team to be creative, ambitious, and excited about getting themselves, and our travellers, out of their comfort zone.
Hold the phone…(you probably are) what is a Digital Marketing Specialist anyway?
This is someone who:
- Cares about international travellers’ experience of Australia
- Wants to inspire people to travel
- Wants travellers returning home to shout from the rooftops that “everyone needs to go travelling!”
- Truly believes that travel enables people to see the world differently.
You’ll be able to help travellers from all around the world make their dream a reality.
I know that sounds cheesy but the positive effect our tours and community have on people is astounding. Check out our reviews on Google if you don’t believe us…
A Digital Marketing Specialist helps travellers start their journey by inspiring them with infotainment, all through a well thought out strategy which is created and executed by you.
The future traveller is sitting in their bedroom on the other side of the world, doom scrolling TikTok & Insta, searching YouTube and Google and they want to make the most out of their life…that’s where we hit them with what Welcome to Travel has to offer.
Informing and educating them with targeted email and ad campaigns, collaborating with likeable influences and our community to create content that will benefit them in making the right decision to travel to Australia.
A Digital Marketing Specialist is a vital part of Welcome to Travel, for people to travel with us…they have to know about us.
Ok, a little bit about us, our social channels and our marketing success so far…
- We’re a total travel solution company for young people who want to travel to Australia.
- We run award winning tours in Melbourne, Sydney and the East Coast of Australia for international travellers.
- Our Welcome to Melbourne tour is the number one tour on TripAdvisor, with all 5* reviews…SAY WHAAAAAAT!
- We’ve welcomed travellers from 40 different countries.
- Our content has been featured on UNILAD.
- We’ve worked with some of the world’s best YouTubers and TikTokers.
- We’ve even had a viral video…Things Never Said By Backpackers received 30 million views!
- We live and breathe travelling and it’s our vision to create a world where everyone is encouraged to travel.
- Instagram 15.2k followers
- YouTube 2.7k subs
- Facebook 25k followers
- TikTok 959k video views in the last three months.
People want to make the most of their lives, especially after the last two years. We know travelling helps people do that, we know Australia has everything a traveller could want, and we know we provide the best experiences for those travellers.
Let us tell you about the role
- No two days are the same. It won’t be a routine, clock in and clock out kind of job.
- We encourage great ideas from all team members. We’re not afraid to take risks and try new things.
You will be:
- Creating an annual marketing strategy alongside the current team that works at Welcome to Travel.
- Contributing and executing content ideas.
- Managing the digital marketing budget.
- Helping to create different marketing funnels.
- Researching our travellers’ pain points.
- Collaborating with influencers and creators.
- Mapping out EDM campaigns.
- Managing campaigns on Google AdWords, Meta, TikTok and any other social channel that pops up.
- Assist with ongoing projects which we have.
- Managing outsourcing.
- Managing an additional member of marketing team.
So, if you’re passionate about travel, like the sound of working as part of a passionate and progressive team, and want to play a positive role in a traveller’s journey, we’d love to hear from you.
Please take the time to write a cover letter or create a video that tells us about YOU.
We don’t want the boring stuff, we want the juicy details.
We want you to jump off the screen as if you’re actually in the room, telling us about who YOU are, your marketing wins, your social profiles and specifically why you think you would be a perfect fit for this role.
If you can’t take the time to do this, then please don’t apply.
We want someone who wants to make a difference in people’s lives and go that extra mile.
We’re looking for someone that is:
- Highly creative yet strategic.
- Passionate about travel – obviously.
- Self-motivated, confident and energetic – like everyone else on the team.
- Can communicate across several different teams and outsourced contractors.
- Pull together a marketing strategy with a team.
- Deliver paid advertising on Google AdWords, Meta and TikTok.
- Research and outreach to potential collaborators – whether influencers, creators or our community.
- Manage a modest marketing budget aka how do we get the right people’s attention for the least amount of money.
- Create copy (that is better than this ad) for socials, emails, website and internal comms.
- Capture content whether behind or in front of the camera.
- Schedule content on multiple platforms.
- Make EDM campaigns that educate people who we are and give them resources
- Have an understanding of SEO practices – we don’t want a blank look when we say we want a better DA.
- Work their way around a WordPress dashboard.
- Analyse performance in numerous platforms that we deliver content on.
- Edit basic photos and videos – most of this will be outsourced but a little touch up always helps.
- Design resources on Canva based on our brand guidelines.
- Make us viral again.
We want someone who can grow with the company and within this role.
It is a pivotal role for Welcome to Travel so we’re only hiring people planning on staying in Australia long-term, residents, citizens of Australia
What we’re offering
- Full time role with salary- we want you to be part of the Welcome to Travel family and grow with us.
- A driven and supportive team – we’re a small but mighty team who all look out for one another to ensure the travellers have the best possible experience.
- Travel benefits – once you’ve got to grips with your role, there will be a variety of travel opportunities available to you. We can’t let the travellers have all the fun, you deserve to experience this beautiful country too.
Applications close on 12 March 2023. Successful applicants will hear from us by 16 March 2023 and interviews are expected to commence week starting 20 March 2023.
The role is scheduled to start 1 May 2023.
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you.
- Contact Name: ADAM OGLE
- Contact Email: email@example.com