Digital Marketing Intern
Posted 8 Nov 2022
Closes 8 Dec 2022
FILLING CUPS, BELLIES & HEARTS
That’s us in a nutshell.
Are you studying Marketing, PR, Media & Communications or Advertising?
Do you love cultivating and creating engaging reels, posts and copy writing that captivate people’s attention?
Want to kick start your career with an internship that will give you real exposure to the daily life of a Marketing team?
We need you! Yes, YOU!
We’re searching high and low for fun, fresh and motivated Digital Marketing Interns to join and learn with our marvellous Marketing team.
Ever wondered what it’d be like to work for one of Melbourne’s leading, most dedicated and warmest event and hospitality producers?
Well, tune in, we’re about to give you a snippet.
Who are we?
First and foremost, Melbourne Event Group (or MEG as we are affectionately known) is a place where people are everything and we stop at nothing to ensure everyone who walks through our door feels looked after. This way of being extends to our colleagues and suppliers and right through to the last guest to leave one of our events.
We’ve just completed a full rebrand and refresh. What does that mean? Not only have we overhauled A LOT of our previous business structure, we now have a brand-spankin’ new look, and this means it is a very exciting time at MEG, especially with our Marketing team.
Why does this matter? Well, with growth comes change and we’re looking to add to our crafty and loving event family, and share the opportunity of continuing our internship program.
Family is at the core of everything we do at Melbourne Event Group, we offer shared hospitality experiences, built from warmth and dedicated service, coupled with simple, flavour-driven food that’s not hiding behind unnecessary fluff.
Leonda By The Yarra, has proudly been an exclusive venue of Melbourne Event Group for over 15 years. Malvern Town Hall, Canvas House and The Timber Yard are other amazing venues that we love to host events at and amaze guests with our food and beverage service.We host anything from Conferences to Weddings, Christmas Parties to Product Launches and anything in between!
We’re super proud of being a great place to work, and of the tight-knit bond of our team. We help all of our team members develop, grow and remain an integral part of our family. We are always looking for ways to improve and have created a culture based on our values:
- Genuine Connections
- True Professionalism
- The Extra Mile
Our unwavering focus on these values is what continues to set us apart from others in the industry and even led us to be listed in the Top Ten Best Places to work in Australia in 2018. If you’d like to read more about us visit our website here: www.melbourneeventgroup.com.au/this-is-us/
Our Marketing team are searching for four interns to help us kick 2023 off with a bang. Our Internship Program is supportive, welcoming, interesting and fun. You won’t leave us feeling like you learned nothing or that you spent 15 weeks photocopying or making coffee. In fact, we’ll make YOU the coffee, and we’ll work with you throughout the program to make sure you’re learning everything we can teach.
- It’s a 15 week unpaid program, with a flexible start date
- One day per week, on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday (depending on your availability) from 9.45am to 4pm
- At the successful conclusion of the program you will have a written reference from the business, and we will work with you to create an optimised LinkedIn profile for you as well.
The brands we manage are:
- Leonda By The Yarra
- Melbourne Event Group
The main tasks of the internship are social media based: monitoring our various channels, helping us to create content, schedule posts, reporting on insights and engagement and bringing fresh ideas to help us create campaigns to increase interaction and click-throughs. You will work directly with (and report to) our Marketing Coordinator, Coral – so you will never be thrown in the deep end and forced to work on something you might not feel confident on.
You’ll also get the opportunity to witness menu photo-shoots, hone your writing skills by contributing to our blogs, and practise on-the-job research for an ever-changing and highly competitive industry.
No two weeks will be the same, but every week is guaranteed to be fun!
Ideally you will be studying, or have recently finished studying one of the following:
- Marketing / Social Media / Digital Marketing
- Events Management
- Media and Communications
- Public Relations
We require no other formal qualifications. We do require that you bring your own laptop on your working days.
We do ask however, that any intern of Melbourne Event Group commits to working and living within our core values. We live and breathe them, and they guide every action we take in our working lives.
You can find out more about these values and what it’s like to work for us by heading here: www.melbourneeventgroup.com.au/this-is-us/
Some other cool stuff you’ll love:
- A team who are great to work with, we’re fuzzy, warm, sentimental and tight-knit. We want to help you grow, develop and remain an integral part of our family.
- Most days our kitchen team cook up and storm for the team, so there’s a high probability of a free, cooked lunch.
- A true Melbournian’s dream of free coffee (Nespresso), tea or hot chocolate.
- Free Parking- Phew! (At MEG HQ)
- Working in a fun, dynamic work environment (we’re not just saying that, trust us!)
If all of this sounds like you, or even just parts of it – we’d love to hear from you!
To apply, hit us with your best cover letter and resume, and answer the below questions within your cover letter:
- Describe what you love about Marketing, PR, or Advertising, and tell us how it makes you feel, along with what areas you’d like to improve on professionally within the industry, and what career you envision for yourself in the future.
- Tell us which one of our values do you relate to the most and why.
- And of course, why you’d be a wonderful addition to the MEG team.
We cannot wait to hear from you!