Deputy Chief International Programs Officer
Posted 19 Jan 2023
Closes 31 Jan 2023
Oaktree is an ambitious non-for-profit, with the mission of young people leading, demanding and creating a just world. The International Programs Team is responsible for overseeing and implementing Oaktree’s Youth Solidarity Fund (OYSF). The fund supports projects from grassroots organisations across the Asia Pacific through small grants and capacity-building support. These projects are centred on enhancing youth leadership and advocacy to create positive social impact and inspire systemic change.
As the Deputy Chief International Programs Officer, you are responsible for assisting the implementation of the Oaktree Youth Solidarity Fund over its project cycle. You will report directly to the Chief International Programs Officer (CIPO), and will be assisting two International Partnership Managers.
In this role you will:
- Assist the Chief International Programs Officer in overseeing the membership application process for the Oaktree Youth Solidarity Fund.
- Assist the Chief International Programs Officer in leading program evaluation processes, including mid and end of year project reviews.
- Lead the day to day operations of the Oaktree Youth Solidarity Fund, assisting with Member onboarding, orientation and troubleshooting.
- Help Partnership Managers with program delivery and timeline management.
- Work with other Oaktree teams and external stakeholders to increase our impact.
- Seek opportunities to expand the Oaktree Youth Solidarity Fund into a network across the Asia-Pacific region.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is passionate about international development work and about the role of young people in leading change.
- Is unafraid to challenge the status quo, and think differently.
- Has excellent written skills, particularly in the monitoring and evaluation space (report writing, data collection etc).
- Has knowledge of international development theories, and monitoring and evaluation tools (desirable but not mandatory).
- Has an understanding of funding models and partnership in international development (desirable but not mandatory).
We value will over skill, determination over degrees, and passion over years of experience. So go for it. Put your name forward!
TIME COMMITMENT: 1 day per week (Friday preferred, volunteer). It is recommended you be available in early February for our annual training weekend.
REQUIREMENT: Valid Working with Children’s Check in Victoria (you can apply for one if you are an interstate volunteer)
REPORTS TO: Chief International Programs Officer
DEPARTMENT: Impact Team
For any questions, queries, or concerns, please contact Rainy Zafira, Chief International Programs Officer at email@example.com
- Contact Name: Lucie Tolhoek
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org