Customer Support Manager
Posted 12 May 2022
Closes 11 Jun 2022
- Home of the world’s first 365 day trial
- Multi-award winning products from internationally recognised bodies including Good Design, Red Dot and Dezeen.
- A++ customer support team. (4.8 / 5 star rating out of 2000+ customer reviews)
Hi, we’re Eva! And we’re here to help fill your home with beautiful, functional, and affordable furniture. With our laser focus on design, marketing and customer-centricity, we want you to jump on board as we accelerate towards becoming Australia’s leading digital furniture company. More info can be found on our Careers page but we know you’ll probably check out our Instagram to get a gauge of who are (I would too).
What’s the gist?
As the Customer Support Manager, you’ll lead your team to success by delivering superior customer support to close sales at the right time (sell without selling, if you will). Be responsible for championing our customer-first plan, managing day-to-day operations and driving efficiency. Reporting directly to and supported by the co-founder, you will manage, lead and mentor a medium sized team. Woohoo!
Without further ado, your responsibilities:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of your team to drive customer satisfaction whilst balancing the needs of the business and wellbeing of the team
- Responsible for developing and implementing strategies to simplify, streamline, optimise and enhance customer experience delivery through all channels.
- Optimise the productivity of the team by leveraging workforce management in addition to training, hiring and developing individuals within the team
- Drive high performance and customer focused support through role modelling, regular communication, feedback and recognition
- Create effective customer support procedures, policies, and standards.
- Empower team members to take ownership of customer experiences and meet company goals in a timely fashion.
- Be the point of contact for all escalations, whilst using this as a learning opportunity to empower team members. Where necessary, provide assistance and direct correspondence within customer support tickets and phone calls.
- Monthly reporting to the Founders and key stakeholders regarding performance, efficiency, and efficacy based on key metrics, data and customer feedback
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail in everything you touch.
- Proactively engage in learning to the mutual benefit of yourself & Eva
- Previous experience in eCommerce, Retail, Call Centre, FMCG, high growth environment is preferred
- Tech-savvy and has experience with Zendesk, Shopify and Monday.com
- Great people leadership skills with a desire to coach and inspire your team including a ‘hands-on’ approach when necessary.
- Strong customer-facing internal and external communication skills
- Exceptional communication (written and verbal) with the ability to build rapport and credibility quickly across various stakeholder groups
- Passionate about ‘being of service’ and providing an outstanding customer service experience and service levels.
- Strong retail, financial and business acumen when problem solving
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work independently on prioritising and meeting deadlines. Some might say you multitask like a task conquering octopus.
- Extremely organised and data and metrics-driven. You’re naturally inquisitive about what the insights tell us and use this to inform decisions.
- Experience in performance management will be highly regarded
Other things we’d love for you to mention if you have it:
- Working within a startup environment
- Have any special talents including making a fine cup of coffee, dog training or imitating the vocal personality of Miriam Margolyes
- Be part of a B Corp Company, one of only eight furniture companies in Australia
- A chance to grow with a rapidly expanding start up.
- Support for any course, conference or training that will help us mutually grow, ears and budget for any wild (but justifiable) ideas.
- An autonomous work environment where there is never a regular ‘days work’.
- Flexible work – we’re proud to say that we had WFH before WFH became a thing
- All the coffee/ tea/ beers/ kombucha you need.
- Free anniversary mattress and generous friend/family discounts.
- Monthly team events (prev. events have included the Australian open, cooking classes & escape rooms).
- A diverse culture and a bunch of really lovely people.
If you’ve managed to read this all the way through and have found yourself nodding along the way, then we’d love to see your application come through.
Amanda from Eva
- Contact Name: EVA
- Contact Email: email@example.com