Customer Service Operations Specialist
Sydney - CBD/Metro/Inner East & West
Posted 2 May 2022
Closes 1 Jun 2022
The core focus of Life of Colour’s Customer Service and Operations Specialist is about nurturing long-lasting relationships through valued, meaningful, and engaging interactions with our customers.
The Customer Experience and Operations Specialist will own critical customer journeys, including being our first line of customer service as well as order management and fulfilment, all whilst being part of a fun, growing team who are passionate about creativity!
About Life of Colour
Life of Colour is a growing, Australian-owned art company with the purpose of being the leading brand for modern art and stationery products in Australia, and for our art supplies and community of creatives to spread colour and creativity into the homes of families throughout the world.
We seek to do more than simply sell art products. We are building a community and lifestyle that celebrates creative expression through our unique tools and materials offering, a fresh art experience for everyone, supporting our community via our blogs, social media channels and tailored customer service so that our clients feel inspired and supported when using our products (as well as sharing their masterpieces with our 35k+ followers on Social Media)!
The Customer Service and Operations Specialist plays a crucial part in delivering our purpose. You will own the customer’s journey from when they discover our brand to long after they receive their first order.
Roles and Responsibilities
Helping Customers Understand More About Life of Colour
- Manage customer interactions including orders enquiries, product reviews and loyalty program questions
- Ensure other customer requests are allocated to the right staff members in a timely and friendly manner
- Keep a record of commonly asked questions and ensure our website has up-to-date FAQs
- Engage on questions and queries on our social media posts and ads on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and TikTok
Ensuring our Customers Receive Their Orders
- Manage order fulfilment including preparing packing lists for dispatch and packing customer orders
- Maintain stock of shipping supplies and other office equipment, including ideas on new ways to support shipping and customer interactions
Spending Time with our Products to Become a Life of Colour Advocate
- Take advantage of our awesome products to learn more about the experiences that can help[ improve customer service
Help build out our Customer Loyalty offer
- Manage Life of Colour’s loyalty program to drive sales and engagement, including new campaigns and competitions
- Ensure customer loyalty points are added to their account on a monthly basis
Interacting with our Community
- Post on our social media properties including sharing pictures around your role, office activities, new product launches and other things we do
- Interact with posts of other Life of Colour staff and customers on all social media channels
Be part of a Growing Team
- Participate in broader company ideas including our marketing and content calendar so you have awareness of product launches, sales and competitions
- Provide insights and new ideas around other parts of the company to grow the business by bringing ideas from brands you love, to suggest improvements across the customer journey including post-order support – this role has the opportunity to grow as we do!
Could this be you?
Life of Colour is looking for someone who is passionate about customers, loves working in new agile environments and brings a great, ‘can-do’ attitude to work every day.
We are open to all ideas around experience, but would ideally like someone who has:
- At least 2 years business operations or customer service
- A passion for online retail and eCommerce
- Drive to excel, working at a fast-pace and belief that the customer always comes first
- A love for creativity and colour – it’s not a must but definitely a plus
- Experience in, or is a fast-learner in eCommerce tools such as Shopify, Klaviyo and Starshipit
- Social Media experience
- Ability to work autonomously, yet collaboratively
- Great curiosity and is happy to contribute to the wider team
So are you interested?
Working at Life of Colour is fun, flexible and fast growing. As part of the role, you will:
- Be part of a growing, family-run Australian eCommerce business
- Be able to grow as we grow
- Have some flexibility in the hours you work
Life of Colour was founded in 2018 with a single product. We have grown as a company with over 40 product lines across pens and art accessories selling to retail and wholesale customers in Australia and New Zealand.
We have high engagement over our social media platforms with over 50,000 followers across Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and Pinterest and average over 50,000 monthly unique visitors on our website.
We are passionate about art and the many health and wellbeing benefits creative expression brings to our lives.
In this fast-paced, modern world in which we live, we are over-worked, over-connected and overstressed. Many of us are looking for ways to slow down, opt out and focus on the things that truly matter, but we don’t know where to start.
Art has the power to heal. It brings us joy and fulfilment, relieves stress and anxiety, and keeps our minds healthy and happy.
At Life of Colour we want to make artistic and creative activities accessible to everyone – to bring more joy, light and colour into their lives. To help them slow down, breathe and recalibrate.
For us, it’s never about the end creation. You don’t need to be a talented artist to reap the benefits. Everyone can tap into that euphoric feeling of ease, flow and freedom that comes from the process of creative expression.
Join in on the fun:
@lifeofcolour.pens on Instagram