Culture Reporter - The Chainsaw
Pedestrian Group (Winner – Publishing Company of the Year, Mumbrella Publish Awards 2021) is seeking a talented and knowledgeable Culture Reporter to join the team behind The Chainsaw, Australia’s first Web3-focused publication.
Reporting to the Managing Editor and working closely with the Head of Editorial, the Culture Reporter will keep our community up to date on all the latest Web3 developments that sit at the intersection of art, music, gaming, style and more.
The Culture Reporter will be expected to produce unbiased news, in-depth analysis, insightful opinion pieces and long-form investigations on the future of token technology and their impact on multiple industries.
The Culture Reporter will be required to:
- Write multiple editorial posts per day
- Pitch, research, and produce varied forms of content, including long-form journalistic investigations and short-form guides
- Stay up to date with a fast-moving space, and be fully immersed in the world of culture and its intersection with Web3
- Build relationships with leading projects in the cultural vertical of Web3
- Conduct in-depth interviews with everyone from founders and creatives to key thought leaders
- Engage with our community across multiple social touch points, including Discord, Twitter, LinkedIn and more
- Follow best practices for SEO and social optimisation
The position calls for someone with:
- A strong interest in blockchain and how it relates to gaming, fashion, art, collecting and more
- Knowledge of the sub-cultural phenomenon of Web3 and the cultural stories from the space
- A broader understanding of the Web3 space
- The ability to sort fact from fiction, calling on both primary and secondary sources
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrable writing experience within business markets
- Enthusiasm for experimenting with new ways of storytelling (experience doing on-camera work is a bonus)
- A keen understanding of journalistic ethics
This is a full-time role based in Australia, and can be fully remote (though Pedestrian Group does have offices in both Sydney and Melbourne).
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter detailing why you are the right fit for this role along with three pitches for stories that sit within the sub-cultural phenomenons of Web3. To see our existing content, find us here.
*About Pedestrian Group*
Pedestrian Group is Australia’s leading youth-centred publisher, reaching a unique audience of more than 4.16 million Aussies per month, and more 18 to 39-year-olds than any other publisher. It’s home to PEDESTRIAN.TV, VICE Australia, Refinery29 Australia, Lifehacker Australia, Gizmodo Australia, and Kotaku Australia, as well as Open Air Cinemas. It is wholly owned by Nine Entertainment Co., Australia’s largest and most diverse media company.