Creative Producer - Dark Mofo Night Mass
Posted 2 Sep 2022
Closes 2 Oct 2022
Full-time, Fixed-term (9 months)
DarkLab, the team behind Dark Mofo, is looking for a creative producer to envisage and deliver an underground, site-specific festival club experience – Night Mass. As Creative Producer, you will be responsible for the creative concept and the sourcing of artists and performers in line with the festival theme. You will work closely with Dark Mofo’s programming and producing team on the delivery of the club and potentially other creative festival projects.
- Develop a creative brief for the festival club in line with the festival theme developed by the Artistic Director.
- Translate the creative brief into a sprawling and unique club experience – including venue design, diverse programming, patron experience and event schedule.
- Identify unique venues within which the festival club can be produced.
- Identify and engage potential artists and performers in line with the creative brief; support the Music Director to identify music performers.
- Work cooperatively with the Site Design and Technical Production team to co-design the interior design of the club, technical production and resourcing requirements to deliver the event. Source appropriate quotes for delivery of services and adapt the design and production accordingly.
- With the Project and Precinct Managers, assess the key operational and safety risks associated with the event and identify plans to manage same, including crowd and traffic management.
- Work with the Project Manager to produce the event in line with time, budget, and compliance requirements, ensuring production proceeds in line with the creative concept.
- Work with Design and Marketing teams to produce appropriate marketing and other collateral required to support the delivery of the project.
- Provide progress updates to the Artistic Director and Executive Producer, advising on timelines and budget actuals.
- Liaise with stakeholders including venues, artists, agents and promoters.
- Highly networked and extensive knowledge of contemporary art, music and performance practices within creative industries
- 5-10 years experience with programming and delivery of creative events with time, budget and creative risk parameters
- Deep experience in artist sourcing and engagement
- Organized, calm and able to manage competing priorities in an agile festival environment.
- Proficient in event management and scheduling software
- A collaborative team leader, experienced in team leadership and problem-solving issues in a matrixed environment.
- Skilled at operational issues and risk management.
Does this sound like you? Apply now.
Applications close on 20 September at 5pm.
- Contact Name: Aimee Johns
- Contact Email: email@example.com