Creative Copywriter + Strategist
Posted 14 Jun 2022
Closes 14 Jul 2022
Bossy. is a Melbourne-based copywriting studio that specialises in tone of voice development, website copy, digital content, social copy and anything else with words in it. When we’re not writing copy, we can be found chatting over at The Bossy. Type podcast, and teaching our course, Bossy. Copy College.
We’re also home to the Bossy. Supergroup, which is really just a fun way of saying that we’re a team of freelance strategists, writers and editors — each with an individual writing style, a certain copywriting skill or specialty, or loads of experience within a particular industry.
But while the majority of our writers work freelance, our Director + Head Writer Alyce is quickly realising that another set of hands in-house would be very handy. And here we are.
WHAT WE NEED:
We’re looking for a one-two punch creative copywriter + brand voice lover to join our (hybrid) in-house team.
IMPORTANT !! This is technically a full-time role, but willing to discuss a part-time role for the right person. Ideally, you’ll work from our office in Cremorne but again, happy to chat about remote working if you’re the unicorn we’re looking for.
This magical copywriting unicorn will:
- Come armed with 3+ years experience in a similar role, preferably in a creative studio or freelance environment
- Have a Bossy.-esque natural writing style: cheeky, conversational and creative. (We’d recommend you read our website + social captions to get a feel.)
- Have experience in tone of voice: creating brand voices, compiling guidelines, and executing voices across platforms
- Be a pro at switching writing styles to suit clients and writing to various brand voices. Split personalities welcome!
- Be confident in editing their own work, and others’
- Happily work on a range of projects — big or small, beauty products to real estate firms… they aren’t above anything
- Be experienced and willing to juggle multiple projects, retainer + project work, client changes and last-minute tasks
- Thrive working on their own (eg. produce impressive work; easily manage own deadlines) AND in a team (eg. help where needed; collaborate on projects; be a general team player)
- Have an upbeat, confident attitude and a proactive, motivated nature
- Come armed with a sense of humour — in emails and life — and a penchant for gifs
- Possess all the usual must-haves, in particular: spectacular time management, attention to detail, written + verbal communication and (obvious, but here we go) spelling and grammar skills
Does this person exist?
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The short answer: You’ll be all-round creative, copywriter + clever strategist, smashing out lots of copy and assisting to create bold brand voices. The long answer:
- Write copy + content for our clients, including website copy, email sequences, e-newsletters, social copy, ad copy, packaging copy, blog content, campaign copy, ad-hoc tasks, and anything else word-y
- Manage ongoing retainer clients as well as project work that pops up
- Help to develop brand voices for clients in a range of industries, using the Bossy. process and bringing your own creative + strategic ideas
- Compile tone of voice guidelines and tone examples
- Create creative concepts and campaign ideas, and execute these through copy
- Embody Bossy.’s cheeky, confident tone to write killer sample copy, and create pitches to secure new clients and projects
- Assist with creative strategy and ideas to grow Bossy.’s own tone of voice and brand
- Work closely with our studio manager on each project, and collaborate with Alyce + other supergroupies, where needed
- Communicate with clients in-person, or via phone, email or video, and attend / lead workshops and meetings
- Edit a range of copywriting projects, and manage client feedback changes (with a smile on your face, ha)
- Other ad-hoc tasks where needed
Email Alyce at email@example.com with the below.
- Your CV
- A brief explanation (love letter) on why you’re a good fit for Bossy. and what you can bring to the table
- Your portfolio or a variety of tone of voice + copywriting examples
- Answers to the screening questions
- How would you describe your writing or creative style?
- Tell us about one of your fav TOV or copy projects to date
- What is your availability (PT/FT), possible start date and expected salary?
Applications close 13 July 2022, but we’re looking to hire ASAP — if we find the right person, we will likely hire them before the closing date, so don’t think about it too long. Immediate start preferred. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a Bossy. tasksheet. While we’d love to respond to everyone personally, unfortunately only these shortlisted applicants will be contacted.