Posted 6 Jun 2022
Closes 6 Jul 2022
Our mission is to create better lives for men and women globally through delivering innovative protective, supportive apparel and building a business that has a positive social impact on both humanity and our environment.
At Modibodi, we believe remarkable talent, enthusiasm and creative thinking add up to great work. We’re looking for a creative thinker with excellent writing skills to help us elevate that work as our full time, in-house copywriter. As a member of the creative team, our copywriter will write and edit copy for a variety of projects and BAU activities (including print, web, video, social media content, paid ads, eDMs, internal documents etc), working closely with the marketing, ecommerce and design teams to brainstorm ideas, create concepts, and develop messaging and content. Thorough research and understanding of our brands’ customers and brand essence will help to inform your copywriting to drive business performance.
In this role, you will be responsible for delivering unique, on-brand copy and content across both online and offline marketing channels. Your on-point copywriting skills will help us to build brand awareness, increase engagement and drive conversion globally. You will succeed in this role by understanding our brand’s (Modibodi, Red, Family and Men) tone of voice and by working with internal teams and external agencies to understand what resonates best with our customers to drive business performance and audience engagement.
- Develop and write the quarterly communications framework across all Modibodi brands: Modibodi, RED & Mens.
- Develop product copy for existing and new products, ensuring that products are differentiated from the competition with clearly articulated USPs.
- Write copy of all new packaging including refreshing copy across existing packaging for all brands: Modibodi, RED, Men.
- Craft email copy that delivers our key brand messages that is tailored to specific audience segments. Create copy that drives engagement and click through for our marketing activities, key dates, business as usual emails, promotions and ad hoc emails as required.
- Work with agencies to craft and edit copy as required ensuring that the Modibodi brand is always expressed correctly.
- Understand the different messaging focuses for each of our global markets and tailor copy across each channel to ensure that it resonates with our consumers. Key markets: Australia, NZ, UK and US.
- Review and refine our tone of voice documents to ensure we’re speaking to our consumers in a way that delivers our messages and resonates with our target audience.
- Ad hoc copywriting for general offline and online advertising channels, blogs, social media, press releases, partnerships, award entries and ad hoc business needs.
DAILY and MONTHLY
- Interpret creative briefs to develop and produce creative concepts through execution on assigned brands.
- Research and understand the brand needs and target audiences, through online searches, reviews of existing research, interviews with subject matter experts, partner agencies and in-person meetings.
- Write original copy and edit content for a range of marketing and communications materials.
- Collaborate with the marketing and creative team from concept development to delivery of final product.
- Present copy concepts and final deliverables to internal team.
- Work with our designers to ensure copy is fit for purpose of each channel and is presented in a clear and engaging manner.
- Act as brand guardian for the internal team and agencies, offering feedback and editing for any copy developed.
This role requires someone who lives and breathes the Modibodi brand values, is enthusiastic, organised and a team player. We’re looking for someone who will work to support the team for the greater good of the business and who is excited by the opportunity to work in a disruptive category with industry-changing products. You will undoubtedly face challenges, but you see these as opportunities to step up and find creative solutions. The most successful copywriter will be a quick learner with a versatile writing style.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a high-volume workload often requiring short turnaround times
- Continually raise the bar on creativity, writing fresh copy that connects with the desired audience and drives action
- Comfortably vary voice, style, and other characteristics demanded by the industry, company, or target audience at hand
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of communication and client-related industry trends
- Stay updated on appropriate style guidelines and brand voice for consistency in messaging
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, at times unpredictable, hyper-growth environment.
- Enthusiastic, interested in excelling in role, presenting new opportunities and seeking ways to improve ways of working.
- Can do, team player attitude. Works to ensure the success of the greater team, pitching in and adapting where necessary.
- Ability and confidence to manage up and follow up senior team members as required to ensure deadlines are met.
- Aligned to Modibodi’s values and objectives.
- Ability to work seamlessly with partners across various departments and markets.
- Ability to manage and prioritise at times conflicting deadlines.
- Exceptional communication and organisational skills.
- Resourceful, organised, and adaptable to change.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills and an ability to build credibility with external and internal contacts.
- A keenness to learn and commitment to a rapid development curve.
- A strong motivation to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Social media or content marketing experience essential
- Proofreading experience and familiarity with standard style guides essential
- A keen eye for detail and appreciation of great design to collaborate with our team and partners.
- Previous experience in copywriting for a retail brand across all online and offline channels.
- Previous experience writing content for Australia, NZ, UK and US is preferred.
- Previous experience writing for brands with values deeply embedded in sustainability, social impact and inclusivity is advantageous.
- Previous experience in a start-up or high growth business is advantageous.
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism or similar advantageous.
- Experience using Microsoft software tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
Key success factors
- Delivering all copy and content requirements to brief and to deadline.
- Error free copy that achieves business KPIs and goals monthly.
- Uplift in engagement.
- Consistency of TOV and messaging globally.
To match with our corporate culture you will:
- Be achievement-oriented and results-driven.
- Self-actualised on what’s working and what requires improvement.
- Openly seeks and provides feedback to others.
- Enjoy working as part of a team.
- Be respectful of others and open-minded.
- Be highly innovative, resourceful and adaptable.
- Customer and solutions focused.
- Contact Name: Grace O'Brien
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org