Posted 15 Nov 2022
Closes 15 Dec 2022
Yarno’s a learning company that drives behaviour change in the workplace, providing people with the knowledge, skills and understanding they need to become more capable and confident in their roles.
And how do we do that? With a fun, 5 minute daily quiz.
Accessed via our trusty mobile-based web app, each Yarno quiz delivers targeted information to learners in an engaging, bite-sized package. It’s like a tasty little snack for the brain.
A few quiz questions? Ok…
But we do more than just churn out quiz questions!
At Yarno we work closely with our customers, diving deep to understand the behaviours behind their challenges, and then developing content and strategy that encourages meaningful change — resulting in embedding quality knowledge.
How do our Content Creators fit into the picture?
Our Content Creators are the masterminds responsible for designing our quizzes. They meet and collaborate with our customers, distilling information gleaned from a variety of sources into short and sharp questions, answers and explanations.
As a Yarno Content Creator, your day-to-day will involve:
- Contributing to project meetings with our customers (mostly over Zoom, sometimes in person)
- Creating powerful content that meets the brief
- Working as part of our Customer Team to provide a stellar customer experience
Yarno content is delivered across a wide range of industries, so every project’s a little different. In the past year, our team has written content on diverse topics like retail, power skills, leadership, trucking, life insurance, hospitality and construction — just to name a few.
So, who are we looking for to join the team?
- A great writer who understands the power of well-written content.
- Someone who’s personable, friendly, enthusiastic, humorous and approachable.
- Someone who wants to grow with Yarno as we further build our presence and supercharge our impact on our customers and their people.
- And (this part’s important) since we’re a learning company and we’re building a software product, someone who gets excited by all things learning and digital!
When it comes to key skills, we’re looking for someone who’s:
- Able to write in the Yarno tone of voice — conversational and engaging with a sprinkle of playfulness
- Super organised and able to work autonomously
- Able to efficiently research and process information across a broad range of topics
- A fantastic communicator across multiple mediums
- At ease engaging a group and leading conversations
- Great at explaining detailed information in a simple way
- A committed proof reader
- Strong with their meme/GIF game
And because we work remotely, it’s important to be:
- Happy working anywhere, e.g., at home, a café, a co-working space
- Confident running meetings over Zoom
- Comfortable asking for help when you get stuck or don’t know how to do something.
While Yarno began as a written medium, we’re incorporating more and more visual and video content into our offering — so we really value design, video editing and scripting skills.
And if you’re a burgeoning filmmaker or Tik-Tok star, then we’re extra thrilled, because short form video is something we’re passionate about too.
We also require you to like any or all of the following:
- Arrested Development
- The Office (UK version > US version!)
- Ali G
- The Simpsons
- Ted Lasso.
(Well, it’s not a strict requirement, but it is looked upon favourably)
Experience, you say…
We’d be thrilled if you can demonstrate experience in the following areas:
- Writing diverse types of content and copy
- Working with and delivering on a brief
- Creating and communicating collaboratively
- Engaging and guiding group discussions
- Video story-boarding, scripting, shooting and editing experience is a plus.
What else is there to say about Yarno?
We know every company says it, but Yarno’s a pretty great place to work. We champion the pursuit of learning, growth and self-development. We push each other to take on new challenges, we give each other feedback courageously and constructively, and we simply enjoy each other’s company.
Some other things that may entice you:
- Flexibility; part-time role considered. Maybe you’re studying, raising a family or have your own side hustle. Whatever it is, we encourage you to bring your whole self to work.
- $500 annual learning allowance to level up your skills and experience.
- $500 budget to setup your home office.
- Six days of wellbeing leave each calendar year to invest in yourself and your self-care.
- Plus, we offer two Doona days a calendar year – these are for days when you’re mentally just not feeling it and would prefer to stay under the doona. No questions asked.
- We’re a fully remote company with no immediate plans to return to an office. Pre-COVID we all worked from home a few days a week, so it hasn’t been a significant change for us. Though we do regularly catch up in person when we can — we usually catch up for two overnight off-sites a year. And teams organise regular in-person catchups at co-working spaces.
- We have an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) that offers counselling, resources and training to support our mental fitness and wellbeing.
- We regularly run team lunch and learns and workshops on how to give and receive feedback, address customer concerns and resolve conflict. These are informative and fun!
- We invest in our culture — we practice giving and receiving feedback and regularly discuss as a team how to address customer concerns and resolve conflict.
- We love to share learning – we use the Yarno platform to learn and refresh knowledge, run regular pechakuchas and lunch and learns, share new books we’ve read, and skills we’ve mastered.
- We have a social impact committee that looks for ways we can have a positive impact on our community.
- We have a party planning committee who, well, you can probably guess what they do 😉
- We celebrate business wins as a team – we’ve played lawn bowls, gone indoor rock-climbing, and successfully escaped from an escape room.
The Salary range is up to $60k + super (pro-rata if part-time).
We encourage diversity and inclusion. You may have read this job description and self-selected out based on experience or any other barrier you may think you have. Don’t sell yourself short, give it a shot and apply!
Oh, and of course, Yarno supports workplace diversity and we don’t discriminate on the basis of anything about anyone. Like your race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
Everything that makes you you is important to us, and we care about who you are – your background, your personality, your heart and your work.