Posted 16 Jan 2023
Closes 15 Feb 2023
We’re an online lifestyle brand looking for a talented and creative individual with a passion for digital media to join our growing brand. We’re a fast-paced, high-energy team and we pride ourselves on the quality of our content.
This role provides support to the editorial team for Sitchu across print and digital, as well as upholding the brand’s holistic content plan, which will lead to the acquisition of new and engaged audiences and overall site traffic growth. This is a great opportunity for a recent graduate or writer with 1-2 years experience to get your foot in the door at a fast-growing publisher.
The role, based in Sydney, reports directly into the Content Manager based in Sydney and will feed into the wider editorial, commercial and social teams located in various other cities across Australia.
- Work with Content Manager and wider Editorial team to implement content strategies that bring to life overarching brand direction
- Create informing and inspiring editorial content to be housed across multiple Sitchu platforms
- Assist in producing social content where required in line with editorial and social strategy. Eg producing microcopy for captions, reels and stories.
- Manage and edit work from all external content contributors
- Optimise online content to help improve search rankings and user engagement
- Assist in commercial campaigns, from administration to producing content
- Assist with editorial components of new Sitchu projects and ad hoc administrative tasks
- Manage PR enquiries and editorial relationships
- Attend client and PR events when necessary
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience working in an editorial role or similar, with a demonstrable track record in writing for web and different audiences
- Be commercially minded, whilst ensuring the brand offering remains prominent
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously and take responsibility for assigned tasks
- Thinks ‘outside the box’ and responds quickly when situations change
- Well-presented with ambition to go above and beyond the role and work as part of a dynamic team
- Superior writing, proofing and editing skills, with a keen eye for detail and an ability to meet strict deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work positively and effectively with people at all levels and cultures
- Able to multi-task, working on multiple projects at a time and to tight deadlines
- Able to demonstrate initiative, self-reliance and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail with storytelling abilities
- Experience using SEO tools and web content management systems, with a sound understanding of analytics with the ability to pull out key data sets and optimise for future performance
- Ideally be familiar with standard Content Management Systems and Proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign is also encouraged
Position: Full time, permanent
Working hours: Monday-Friday, 9am – 5:30pm (attending events outside these hours from time to time and work from home flexibility 2 days per week).
Location: Sydney office (Lane Cove)