Community Manager (Web3 Publication)
Pedestrian Group (Winner – Publishing Company of the Year, Mumbrella Publish Awards 2021) is seeking a creative and switched-on Community Manager to join the launch team for Australia’s first Web3-focused publication.
Reporting to the Managing Editor and working closely with the Head Of Editorial, the Community Manager’s job will be to actively grow, engage, educate and retain our community using innovative and effective strategies across platforms such as Discord, Twitter, Telegram, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, TikTok etc.
This will involve cultivating spaces where our audience can engage with our content, sparking and driving lively conversation via comments and threads, and being a brand champion within our existing and emerging online communities – all while having fun.
The Community Manager will be required to:
- Plan, set and implement growth strategies across platforms such as Discord, Twitter, Telegram, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, TikTok in consultation with Pedestrian Group’s Senior Audience Growth & Insights Manager
- Cultivate and maintain an engaged community culture across all platforms, with a particular focus on Discord and Twitter, communicating directly with individuals
- Work with the wider editorial team to identify key trends that would be suited to social media-first coverage, creating engaging text, image, and video content for social media and Discord channels
- Organise, manage, and oversee community meetups, local/online events while ensuring proper community outreach
- Onboard new users and community members to the community
- Identify and forge partnerships with thought leaders in the Web3 community, while maintaining existing relationships
The position calls for someone with:
- A proven track record growing/managing online communities (Discord-based consumer communities preferred but not required)
- A keen understanding of the social landscape and marketing best practices across platforms such as Telegram, Twitter, Facebook, Discord, Instagram, LinkedIn etc.
- A passion for the emergence of non-traditional social networks
- A broad understanding of, and interest in, the Web3 space – including cryptocurrencies, NFTs, and beyond
- Expert communication skills, with a knack for quickly digesting unfamiliar information and topics to relay in easy-to-understand formats
- Comfort working under a sense of urgency, context switching, operating in an ambiguous environment, and being resourceful
- Patience, empathy, and willingness to help those in the community
- A willingness to work non-traditional hours when the news cycle calls for it
- Basic video editing and design experience (favoured but not mandatory)
This is a full-time role based in Australia, and can be fully remote (though Pedestrian Group does have offices in both Sydney and Melbourne).
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter detailing why you are the right fit for this role.
We can’t wait to meet you.
*About Pedestrian Group*
Pedestrian Group is Australia’s leading youth-centred publisher, reaching a unique audience of more than 4.16 million Aussies per month, and more 18 to 39-year-olds than any other publisher. It’s home to PEDESTRIAN.TV, VICE Australia, Refinery29 Australia, Lifehacker Australia, Gizmodo Australia, and Kotaku Australia, as well as Open Air Cinemas. It is wholly owned by Nine Entertainment Co., Australia’s largest and most diverse media company.