Communications and PR Intern
Posted 3 May 2022
Closes 2 Jun 2022
SurfAid is a non-profit humanitarian organisation whose aim is to improve the health, well-being and self-reliance of people living in isolated regions connected to us through surfing.
Started by a group of concerned surfers in 2000 who were struck by the needless suffering and preventable death in the Mentawai Islands. Today we are proud that more than 95 per cent of our program staff are Indonesian nationals who work hand-in-hand with the communities of Western Sumatra, Sumbawa and Sumba, to bring about positive, sustainable health change while respecting the unique culture and customs of these islands communities. Our work has expanded to Solomon Islands and Baja California, Mexico (SurfAid USA.)
About the internship
We are looking for self-starting and creative communication and PR interns to help produce web content along with managing ambassadors, market research and growing our social channels and online presence. The intern will support our major campaign Make A Wave: https://makeawave.co/
The internship will include:
- Creating blog content and assist with e-newsletter communications.
- Writing press releases.
- Research on the surf and non profit industries.
- Sourcing and creating content for social media.
- Implementing strategies to grow our brand presence online.
- Find innovative ways to tell stories from the field and of our ambassadors.
We are looking for someone with:
- A passion for writing/design, social media, storytelling, PR, media and/or content creation.
- Self-starter who needs minimal supervision to complete the assigned task.
- Ability to take initiative, manage priorities and ask for help when needed.
- Interest in surfing, the ocean and all things social good.
On completion of the internship, you will have gained broad experience in various aspects of copywriting, social media management, content creation and project management. An internship reference will also be provided.
This is an unpaid internship. Hours are dependent on how you work and coordinate your time, and can be flexible.
Time frame: Three month period.
Hours: 9:00am – 5:00pm, 2 days per week (likely Thursday and Friday, but flexible).
Note: The internship requires remote work and the intern must provide their own laptop and internet connection.
If you’re keen to build your portfolio and jump-start your career please get in contact.
- Contact Name: Laura Casaceli
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org