Commercial content and audience editor (parental leave cover)
Posted 20 Jan 2023
Closes 5 Feb 2023
Guardian Australia is part of Guardian News & Media (GNM), publisher of theguardian.com. As a leading global media organisation, we are renowned for our pioneering independent journalism and our award-winning digital products.
We are seeking a Content and Audience editor to join our team on a 12 month parental leave cover contract to join our GLabs team. The GLabs team creates high-quality branded content for our clients that is aligned to the Guardian’s commitment to world class storytelling and core values.
This role is a key member of the GLabs team and will have responsibility for managing off-platform channels, social copy, and the development of innovative social formats for our commercial content.
In this role, you will work with our Features Editors and Head of Commercial Content to respond to commercial content briefs, create content, and develop and implement content strategies.
You’ll be a subject matter expert for the wider commercial team on content and social media, liaising with sales, ad operations and delivery teams to report on insights and performance.
In this role you’ll…
- Implement and optimise off-platform amplification strategies for social media and content amplification platforms
- Develop and run social media campaigns for branded content partnerships through creative social copy, headlines and imagery
- Report on campaign performance and insights for clients and internal teams, and play a key role in setting and delivering on KPI targets
- Work collaboratively with the wider Glabs team to brainstorm cutting-edge creative campaigns, develop high-quality content and ensure client’s campaign targets are met
- Act as content lead on smaller campaigns, commissioning and editing features
- Champion the team’s diversity and inclusion goals through content development and commissioning
- A minimum of three years experience in media, publishing, marketing or agency
- Experience in data reporting and using tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Ad Manager, or other social media platforms
- Experience in copy and content creation, from short form social to longer features
- Experience with social media or content amplification strategies
- Strong organisational and creative problem solving skills, and and the ability to navigate multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Communication and influencing skills, and a collaborative mindset
About working at Guardian Australia…
- Hybrid working
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) to support employee wellbeing
- Paid volunteer leave
- Reconciliation Action Plan and Cultural Competency training
- Dedicated diversity and inclusion employee groups and action plan
- Guardian digital subscription
For more information please view the full job description here.
To apply for this position, please upload your résumé (maximum three pages) plus covering letter as one document. In your covering letter please outline your motivation for applying for the role and why you think you are suitable.
Closing date for applications: 5 February 2023
If you have application questions, please email email@example.com
If you require an adjustment to be made during the recruitment process, please email our Diversity and Inclusion Manager, Andi firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
We believe that our role in the Australian media is to give a voice to the most marginalised people in society and value and respect all differences in all people — including people of colour, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from different social classes, people with diverse gender and sexual identities, and people with disabilities (seen and unseen). We believe that these communities must be centred in the work we do, bringing a new perspective and a diversity of thought. We also encourage flexible working and aim to create a work environment where all employees feel respected.