CEO / Co-CEO
Posted 23 Jan 2023
Closes 12 Feb 2023
We’re very excited to announce that we are on the hunt for our next CEO or Co-CEO. Our current CEO’s term comes to an end in March, so we are looking for the next kick-ass young person (or two!) to lead our movement to build a more just and sustainable world. We have made some changes to this leadership role to ensure that it can be completed alongside other commitments such as university study or part-time work.
Oaktree is an ambitious non-for-profit, with the mission of young people leading, demanding and creating a just world. At Oaktree, we believe that young Australians can create a more just and sustainable world by backing locally-led youth-centred organisations around the Asia-Pacific.
As a CEO or CO-CEO you will lead and inspire a compelling vision and see it come true. You will work alongside political, industry and public leaders; corporate sponsors; and international development partners. You will build culture, inspire teams to pull off the ‘impossible’, and have fun while doing it. You will make hard decisions. You will build lifelong friends. You will learn more than you imagine, with the support of the Oaktree Board and mentorship from leading experts in the sector. Best of all, you will play a part in building a better world where all young people can reach their potential.
In this role you will:
- Play an important role in implementing a program of change at Oaktree, that represents the work of generations of volunteers and executives before you.
- Use your leadership to harness the skills of our talented volunteer team to explore and develop avenues to strengthen our financial sustainability and impact.
- Communicate a clear vision and execute the organisational strategy, with support from the Board.
- Establish and maintain relationships with major donors/influential supporters. This will involve securing funding through donors and grants (with support from the Business Development Manager) and maintaining close government and sector ties.
- Carry out external reputation building and stakeholder management.
- Oversee the Advocacy, Marketing and International Partnerships Executive Leads (although they will be largely autonomous) and lead executive meetings.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has completed or is studying a Bachelors Degree or has equivalent work experience.
- Has excellent communication skills, including the ability to simplify key tasks, set strategy and delegate roles.
- Possesses well-developed leadership and relationship management skills with the ability to manage a large team of volunteers.
- Is a strategic thinker, capable of making hard decisions under pressure.
- Is a fast learner, who responds to new challenges with agility and curiosity.
Desirable, but not mandatory:
- Experience in NFP fundraising.
- Experience in managing international development projects (i.e. program design, implementation, or monitoring and evaluation).
- Political and community advocacy experience.
We value will over skill, determination over degrees, and passion over years of experience. So go for it. Put your name forward!
TIME COMMITMENT: Part time (10 hours per week minimum, with a possibility to increase during peak times).
TERM: Flexible (2-year term preferred from March 2023 to March 2025)
AWARD AND CLASSIFICATION: 5.1 Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award ($44.92 p/h).
REQUIREMENT: Valid Victorian Working with Children’s Check (WWCC) and a valid Police Check.
REPORTS TO: Oaktree Board
DIRECT REPORTS: Chief Marketing Officer, Chief International Programs Officer, Chief Advocacy Officer
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Sunday 12th February at 11:59pm
Direct all questions to our current CEO Thenu at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact Name: Ashlea Henley
- Contact Email: email@example.com