Candle Bark Graphic Design Internship - unpaid
Sydney - CBD/Metro/Inner East & West
Posted 21 Nov 2023
Closes 21 Dec 2023
Candle Bark Creations is the undisputed leader in design-led greeting cards in Australia. We have been designing and making greeting cards with personality in Australia, for more than 25 years.
If you are hands-on (we still handmake greeting cards in our studio – freckling is a thing) and believe that design should beautiful as well as commercial, then we have the internship for you.
The growth goals of Candle Bark and The Paper Club requires a diligent and hungry Design intern to join us, under our many years of experience. While in the Candle Bark studio the Graphic Design Intern’s main objective is to assist in the design and production process. At Candle Bark we value intelligent, articulate, and motivated individuals who want to be immersed in a great environment and rapidly growing business, but who also thrive on being independent and take constructive feedback well.
If you are a hungry and curious individual, with creative skills, a good understanding of technology and a proactive mindset, please read further!
Your tasks and responsibilities
As a Graphic Design Intern, you will be:
- Observing and being included in marketing and social media meetings and planning.
- Supporting the Candle Bark and The Paper Club Designers on daily project activities.
- Assisting in newsletter content and creation.
What we can offer you
- This is an opportunity for the right intern to immerse themselves in all things Candle Bark for 150 hours.
- Employment may be offered for the right candidate.
- A great studio, in the heart of the Inner West
- Flexible studio days (Studio hours 830am-5pm)
- Training in the studio
- Strong typography and illustration skills would be an asset.
- You can navigate your way around all of the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Experience with motion graphics software and video editing is a plus. (Premiere Pro)
- Contact Name: Fiona Hulme
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org