Bookings and Artist Management Intern
Posted 5 Aug 2022
Closes 4 Sep 2022
Fat Cat Music Group is looking for a keen intern to join our team for a 3-month placement. The internship is highly multifaceted and would be an opportunity to be a part of all aspects of the day-to-day operation of a boutique bookings and management agency. This is an in person and hands on internship, with a commitment of approximately 1 day per week. We are looking for someone who would work closely with our small team to gain valuable experience in the music industry, with the possibility of ongoing work for the right person.
You will have the opportunity to work and learn in many areas such as:
- Negotiating and contracting record deals and performances
- Updating websites and artist databases and press kits
- Assisting in research tasks
- Tour booking, planning and logistics
- Music and performance works registration (APRA)
- Artist merchandise development and distribution
- Copywriting and blogging
- Ad hoc admin duties
If there is anything in particular you are wishing to learn or have exposure to, we are more than willing to assist.
What we are looking for:
- Good written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Eagerness to learn
- Passion for the music industry and willingness to assist in a variety of tasks
- Someone currently enrolled in a bachelor’s program within the creative industries, business/marketing or arts.
In exchange we offer:
- You will gain valuable experience, insight and skills which you may then apply to your future studies or employment within the music industry
- You will have the opportunity to work with some of the most prominent musicians, agents, managers and event promoters within the international electronic music scene
- Your internship may be accredited to relevant study requirements within your bachelor’s program (pending institution approval)
- A written letter of reference or referral for future employment/employers
- The possibility of ongoing work for the right person.
To apply please submit your CV and cover letter addressing the advert selection criteria and answering the following questions:
- Why do you want to work in the music/entertainment industry?
- Tell us about your career goals or where you would like to go within the industry.
- Contact Name: Cate Harvey
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org