AUDIO-TECHNICA Sales Representative - Victoria
Posted 21 Sep 2022
Closes 21 Oct 2022
AUDIO-TECHNICA Sales Representative – Victoria
Technical Audio Group (TAG) is a leading audio products importer and national wholesaler with offices in Sydney and Melbourne. With a long and successful history in the audio industry, TAG has assembled a world-class team and provides a unique work environment with numerous benefits for staff.
AUDIO-TECHNICA is a Japanese audio brand with a rich history dating back to 1962 and manufactures some of the world’s best headphones, microphones, turntables and cartridges. The Audio-Technica catalogue is overflowing with iconic products that can be found in studios and homes across the world, including the legendary M Series headphones and 20 Series microphones. If you are passionate about selling high quality, great value audio products, this could be a great opportunity for you to join our dynamic team. We are a tight-knit unit that is creative, artistic, progressive, enthusiastic and hopefully the right mix of heaps nerdy but kind of cool.
Audio-Technica, are seeking a qualified sales representative to visit customers and sell our products into the Hi-Fi, independent record and musical instrument retail markets. A knowledge of professional and consumer audio within these markets is a must.
This sales representative will have a strong understanding of the sales process, excelling at generating leads and building relationships. The ideal candidate will be a quick learner with strong negotiating skills and the ability to showcase our offerings in a compelling way. Often tasked with visiting clients in the field and giving presentations, it’s essential that our sales rep be personable and professional.
Objectives of this Role
- To visit clients and represent our company’s products in the Hi-Fi, indie record store and musical instrument retail markets
- Meet weekly, monthly, and annual sales quotas through the successful implementation of sales and marketing strategies
- Generate leads and build relationships, planning and organizing a daily work schedule to call on existing or potential retail clients.
- Develop and implement territory action plan and adjust sales techniques based on interactions and results in the field
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Maintain working relationships with existing clients to ensure exceptional service and identification of potential new sales opportunities
- Identify appropriate prospects, set appointments, make effective qualifying sales calls to grow the product offering within existing clients and develop new business
- Possess in-depth product knowledge and be able to conduct demos and relay objection handling
- Provide existing customers with up-to-date product information and all current marketing activities
- Help facilitate new product roll out marketing strategy and follow through with any instore / online promotion to achieve high level sales.
- Prepare professional, complete, concise and accurate reports, proposals and other documentation as required for executive-level presentations
- Achieve sales goals by assessing current client needs and following a defined selling process with potential buyers, often utilizing product demos and presentations
- Coordinate with other sales reps to ensure company quotas and standards are being met, performing market research and regular competitor monitoring
Skills and Qualifications
- 3-5 years in sales within an audio setting
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, and organizational skills
- Proficiency with sales management software and CRM
- Personal integrity
- Ability to travel often and extensively, visiting customers
- Experience in an audio retail environment
- Ability to balance persuasion with professionalism
- Strong organizational skills
- A working car and the willingness to drive it around, a lot
- A passion for music and audio
- Eagerness to work as part of a team, as well as individually
- At least one vinyl record and the willingness to buy 100 more
If you fit the bill, and want to become a vital part of a dynamic, successful and focused team, then send a COVER LETTER and your RESUME to: