Audience Growth Manager
Pedestrian Group (Winner – Publishing Company of the Year, Mumbrella Publish Awards 2021) is on the hunt for an experienced Audience Growth Manager to join our Audience Growth team.
Reporting to the Senior Audience Growth & Insights Manager, our dream candidate is a versatile digital marketer who lives and breathes insights and analytics, and thrives on growing audiences.
This position will primarily own two key remits across our award-winning portfolio of brands: digital platform growth and owned audience acquisition.
On the digital platform growth side of things, the successful candidate will work with Pedestrian Group’s editorial team to take our distributed media model to new heights; expanding the scale of our audiences on the platforms we’re active on.
The right candidate will have sound knowledge of omnichannel marketing – working across platforms from Apple News and Flipboard all the way through to TikTok and Instagram – and will be able to acquire new audiences (be they readers, viewers or listeners) by advocating for the use of tactics aimed at increasing overall engagement.
As for owned audience acquisition, the Audience Growth Manager will spearhead all activities that convert website readers to subscribers of Pedestrian Group’s email products (including oversight on the email products themselves) and run point on internal campaign strategy and management to support Editorial product initiatives.
This position calls for someone with top-notch media planning skills who is capable of conceptualising how site functions are best used – including briefing, testing and optimising creatives. They will also be a data-driven decision-maker who will relish every opportunity to share insights uncovered.
The Audience Growth Manager will be required to:
- Lead all activities aimed at increasing performance on third-party and referral platforms like Apple News and Flipboard, including relationship management.
- Lead all audience acquisition campaigns to convert new subscribers to our email products.
- Continuously analyse social media performance and collaborate with our Editorial team to develop strategies aimed at increasing audience scale and engagement.
- Be the expert on the social media tools we currently use and ensure they’re being leveraged in a way that maximises growth outcomes.
- Own our email products and collaborate with Operations + Technology to enhance their functionality and better their user experience.
- Plan and manage all internal campaign amplification and performance.
- Share content trends and performance insights to both Editorial and the broader business on a regular basis.
- Be the subject matter expert on social media and digital platforms – proactively seeking out new ways they can be leveraged by our suite of brands.
- Build, manage and further enhance Editorial reporting products.
This position calls for someone with:
- Demonstrated experience growing audiences on social media / digital platforms / websites (within a media/publishing environment a plus).
- Demonstrated experience strategising and managing omnichannel marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrated experience in acquiring subscribers.
- A strong understanding of all core concepts of digital / growth marketing – inclusive of techniques like CRO and multivariate testing.
- Strong experience with website analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Supermetrics).
- The ability to extract meaningful content trends and performance insights from multiple data sources.
- Basic experience with Content Management Systems such as WordPress
- Top-notch spreadsheet skills (Google Sheets, Excel).
- Bonus points for data visualisation skills (E.g. Google Data Studio, Power BI).
- Demonstrated copywriting and written communication skills.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Data analysis skills to consistently review content performance and trends.
- Paid social experience is a big plus, but not essential.
This is a full-time position, and will ideally be based out of Pedestrian Group’s offices in either Sydney or Melbourne. However a remote base will be considered for the right candidate.
If you’re keen to join us, send us the following:
- A cover letter outlining why you’d be the perfect fit for this role (feel free to get creative).
- Your CV.
We can’t wait to meet you!
**About Pedestrian Group**
Pedestrian Group is Australia’s leading youth-centred publisher, reaching a unique audience of more than 4.16 million Aussies per month, and more 18 to 39-year-olds than any other publisher. It’s home to PEDESTRIAN.TV, VICE Australia, Refinery29 Australia, Lifehacker Australia, Gizmodo Australia and Kotaku Australia, as well as the American Express Open Air Cinemas. It’s wholly owned by Nine, Australia’s largest and most diverse media company.