Posted 20 Jun 2022
Closes 20 Jul 2022
Winya is Australia’s leading Indigenous owned office furniture company, with a strong focus on LGBTIQ+ inclusion. We are looking for an architect/interior designer (students & part-time strongly considered) to help drive our very successful team.
We are passionate about what we do, and we believe there are no limits to imagination, we pride ourselves in finding the ideal balance between creativity & functionality in each project.
We are currently seeking a new team member to compliment our team. As a student with a part-time role this is an outstanding opportunity for you to build your skills and profile within the architecture and design communities.
YOUR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings and schedules, analyse floor plans and tender documentation to gain a deep understanding of the project requirements
- Work closely with the sales team and management to continue the company’s reputation as a supplier of choice to Government, Corporates, Construction and the Architecture & Design industries.
- Liaise with and build relationships with architects, designers and builders to ensure projects are understood and communicate with procurements and Project managers to ensure smooth flow of work from initial bid through to hand over
- Work through Aconex BidContender and EstimateOne and other platforms to service clients
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with the key manufacturers
- Product design and development as required
EXPERIENCE YOU WILL BRING
- Have a passion for architecture and or interior design
- Either completed or currently enrolled in University architecture/design courses
- Familiarity with computer programs such as CAD, Solidworks Sketchup etc
- Time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Critical-thinker and problem-solver
- Ability to work under tight timeframes
- Outstanding verbal communication skills
- High level of organisational skills and attention to detail
Company runs great after hours networking events that may require attendance.
- Australia’s most awarded company for corporate social responsibility for diversity and inclusion
- Good city location with easy transport
- Great team environment
A remuneration package (full or part-time) including salary and superannuation will be offered to the successful candidate, with training provided on our internal software and processes.