Agent Assistant- Stage and Screen
Posted 5 May 2023
Closes 4 Jun 2023
Our client, Cameron’s Management is a highly regarded agency representing talent such as writers, directors, designers, cinematographers, editors, actors, presenters, composers and book authors across film, television, live performance, and publishing. They now have an amazing opportunity to join the business in the role of Agent Assistant to support their senior Agent working with writers and directors for stage and screen.
The role requires you to support the Agent and their clients, so you’ll need to be well organised with advanced computer skills, a have a strong work ethic. Additionally, you’ll need to have exceptional interpersonal skills, be a strong communicator and have good writing skills.
Ideally you will have some experience working in a live theatre company, perhaps in an admin support role within the company or else in a production role. Experience in the screen sector (film/TV) would also be valuable, though ideally, we need experience and interest in the stage industry as a pre-requisite.
Responsibilities will include:
- All general admin to assist the Agent, including answering phone calls, updating clients CV, bio, website, photographic information, maintaining filing systems and contract details.
- Scheduling meetings & projects for the clients and managing calendars.
- Researching work opportunities & answering general queries from clients re availability requests from producers.
- Co-ordinating and booking travel/accommodation.
- Writing and updating website items.
- Assisting with finance / invoicing and tracking royalty payments
- Liaising with publicists for client exposure for openings, awards, and festivals.
- Reading & proofing documents and clients’ materials
Over time you will also:
- Negotiating writers’ workshop agreements and simple theatre licences
- Pitching and placing client work in the market with producers
- Establishing and maintaining ongoing relationships between clients, production companies.
- Providing script coverage
- A min of 2 years working within the live theater or screen industry
- Excellent computer skills
- Good interpersonal skills with a confident, friendly yet professional manner
- Ability to focus on tasks, with strong attention to detail
- Excellent writing skills
- Some basic experience with invoicing or finance
- Minimum Bachelor of Arts degree or equivalent in a pertinent field.
Unfortunately it is a conflict of interest for Actors, Writers, Directors or anyone with creative representation to apply for this role. Any questions please email EP Australia – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Name: Kara Little
- Contact Email: email@example.com