Posted 15 Mar 2023
Closes 14 Apr 2023
Role: Acquisitions Assistant
Contract type: Permanent, Full-time
Location: Sydney, Australia
Working rights: Candidates must have Australian full workings rights.
Do you have an eye for detail & a passion for television? Apply now to become part of a world class media organisation.
What does it mean to be a part of a 100-year-old prestigious company?
Working for BBC Studios, we are all part of a premium content and production company that inspires global audiences. We are proud to represent some of the world’s biggest, most trusted and loved content brands. In Australia and New Zealand, we bring the best of bold, British storytelling to our region through distributing content to broadcasters, our seven branded services on subscription platforms and our own local production arm, as well as other commercial partnerships such as live entertainment and licensing.
We’re passionate about content. We invest in it, commercialise it and create it.
You will coordinate and provide administrative assistance to the Acquisitions team, processing contracts and invoices alongside various tasks. You will be working across the BBC Studios Australia & New Zealand Channels Portfolio – which includes BBC First, UKTV, BBC Earth, BBC Brit, Cbeebies and BBC Kids. If you have a passion for television, a keen eye for detail and are very organised this role will suit you.
You will report to the Head of Acquisitions ANZ.
You have great organisation skills, attention to detail, can meet deadlines and above all, you enjoy television content. You love working in a collaborative and supportive team.
You are adaptable, can communicate well and manage expectations.
What you will be doing:
- Developing and maintaining team databases and ensure information is accurate and up to date.
- Recording contract and rights information into inventory and scheduling systems
- Communicating deal and channel information to relevant departments
- Assisting the administration of acquisition contracts into the BBC Studios finance system (SAP) including raising Purchase Orders and Invoice tracking
- Keeping records as required and manage the department administratively in an efficient and effective manner (including tracking miscellaneous financial expenditures)
- Providing administrative support to the team, i.e. office administration, travel and meeting arrangements and other relevant tasks
- Coordinating media assets and metadata, ensuring that the assets, and guidelines related to assets are organised to be readily accessible by production and other users.
Please click the Apply button to share your CV along with a cover letter.
Diversity and inclusion matter to you, as it does to us.
We value and respect every employee’s unique contribution, enabling them to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of people because the more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to elevate the voices and truths of modern life to resonate with our diverse audiences.
We’d love to hear from you, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio- economic background, religion and/or belief.
We are also committed to improving accessibility in our hiring processes, so if you would like to make a request for support or reasonable adjustments to complete your application, please email us at reasonable-adjustments.APAC@bbc.com and we will be in touch.