Account Manager - PR and Social
Posted 4 Aug 2022
Closes 3 Sep 2022
Candid is looking for a PR & Social specialist to join our growing team. Currently a remote business, which means you get to work from home or anywhere for that matter. As long as our clients and team are happy, we truly don’t mind where you’re based. You’re never alone though! We have an incredible team of like-minded individuals who are clever, creative and have a passion for what they do, flourish in the momentum, and reinforce a supportive, collaborative culture. We connect virtually every day and enjoy monthly team face-to-face bonding activities/bougie lunches. We are the epitome of work hard play hard. We make time to celebrate the milestones and always stop to have a laugh while working through our to-do’s – a sense of humour and ability to hold banter is a must.
Candid was founded on an ethos of doing great work and having a laugh along the way; being candid, clever, and creative with a can-do attitude. Candid acts as an honest extension of each client, building smart, creative campaigns that transcend traditional thinking. Spearheaded by two CANDID founders with a CAN-DO attitude.
With clients spanning booze, tech, lifestyle, hospitality, and retail, Candid will grant you the opportunity to work with international and national brands including: Jimmy Brings, Golden Goose, Aviation Gin, Diplomatico Rum, NON, TRUFF, Skullcandy and H&R Block Australia.
The right Candidate will be a lover of all things content (social, digital, print). A role suitable for those with 2-3 years relevant industry experience (experience in consumer comms will be viewed favourably). Hold a relevant degree such as Communications and Media, Arts, PR, Journalism or English Literature is normally expected but not essential. Experience managing midsize accounts.
The right candidate would have:
- English language fluency
- Account/Client management skills
- Copywriting skills
- Social media experience (favoured)
- Presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent email and telephone manner
- Strong time management
The Candidate will be able to work remotely with quick and easy access to your managers via Microsoft Teams.
Expect to fill your day with the following:
- Copywriting: Crafting press releases, media pitches, long-form content pieces, feature articles, case studies, and product pieces, key message documents, FAQs and talent briefs
- Pitching: Pitch press releases and feature ideas by phone or email to national, regional and trade journalists, across print, broadcast and online, to interest them in covering a clients’ story
- Promptly respond to phone calls and emails from journalists
- Act as the day-to-day lead contact for clients
- Assisting with the development and execution of client/brand strategies
- Arrange interviews and editorial meetings with key journalists for clients’ spokespeople – in person or over the phone – and facilitate these meetings when required
- Monitor media coverage and report results, in a timely manner, to the wider team and clients
- Track and report on earned media coverage results when required alongside junior team support
- Attend training, client events and industry conferences
- Community management for clients’ social media accounts including Instagram, Facebook or website page
- Content calendar planning for social clients
- Deliver analytics reports on social media; reporting on traffic, engagement, and follower figures
- Brainstorm fresh ideas for PR campaigns
- Manage multiple projects to deliver results on or before the deadline
What’s in it for you?
- Unrivalled career and personal development
- Work on established brands such as TRUFF, Jimmy Brings, Aviation Gin, Diplomatico Rum and Skullcandy
- Competitive salary package
- A flexible, warm and relaxed team environment offering all the support you need to grow
- Investment in YOU with further learning and courses to take you to the next level
- Opportunities for creativity, thinking, learning and developing relationships
- Flexible working; blend of working from home and team environments
- Monthly team bonding activities and adventures (from Sean’s, Icebergs, Hubert’s to climbing the Sydney Harbor Bridge. We want to do it all)
- Kick arse EOFY and Christmas parties
- A lively and creative culture
- Never be bored
Full job description to be provided upon application. For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Open to national applicants based on seniority. $70-80K Package (pending experience)
Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
- Contact Name: Olivia meena
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org