Posted 7 Mar 2023
Closes 6 Apr 2023
Position: Full-time, Contract, Part-time (open for discussion for the right candidate)
We are seeking a hybrid Social Media and PR Executive to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for creating, engaging and executing social media strategies that will increase brand awareness and engagement with our client’s audience. You will also be key in helping to manage public relations activities that will enhance our client’s reputation and increase media coverage. The ideal candidate should have excellent communication skills, experience in managing social media platforms and media relations, and a passion for social media and public relations.
We are open to Account Coordinators who are ready to progress their career into an Account Executive, or a Senior Account Executive looking for their next career opportunity. This role is flexible and can be moulded for the right candidate.
We are passionate about our craft; we live and breathe making positive change in the world through the work we do, underpinned with deep knowledge and expertise in social purpose and sustainability sectors for a wide range of brands, organisations, associations and NGOs.
- Work with the Social Account Manager develop and execute social media strategies to drive engagement and increase brand awareness across various social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Create engaging social media content (images, videos, graphics, and copy) that is tailored to the target audience and aligns with the client brand’s voice and tone.
- Manage and monitor social media platforms and respond to comments, messages, and inquiries promptly and professionally.
- Conduct social media listening and tracking to identify trends, opportunities, and potential issues, and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Have developed relationships with media contacts, influencers, and creators to secure media coverage and build brand awareness.
- Help the Senior Account Manager to plan and execute PR campaigns, including drafting press releases, media pitches, and media lists.
- Monitor media coverage and provide regular reports and insights on media performance.
- Collaborate with external stakeholders, including marketing, sales, and product teams, to align social media and PR activities with business objectives.
- Stay up-to-date with social media and PR trends, best practices, and technologies.
- Help to manage the junior team and bring your calm expertise to the table to encourage and train them to be Bravers.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in social media management and public relations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- An established and growing network of influencers, creators, media and industry professionals.
- Experience in managing multiple social media channels and social media tools, including Falcon, Brandwatch etc.
- Knowledge of social media advertising and analytics tools, including Facebook Ads Manager, Google Analytics, etc.
- Experience in media relations and securing media coverage.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Flexible work-from-home arrangements
- Work-from-home equipment package up to $1,500
- Personal professional development fund up to $4,000
- Health and well-being benefits
- Extra leave entitlements in the form of mental well-being days and female-healthcare days (if applicable)
- Generous time and pay package arrangements on top of baseline package for heavy campaign periods
Who Are The Bravery
The Bravery is a purpose-led PR agency that specialises in sustainability and social cause. We give a major s*** about the environment and are driven to make a positive change for people and the planet.
Established in 2012, we’ve worked with over 70 brands and told over 80,000 stories. We turn down work if it doesn’t fit our mandate. We are avid news junkies and content consumers.
We are a thirteen-strong – and growing – a team of passionate pros with a range of superpowers who love chocolate and cheese, and the great outdoors.
We work out of a B-Corp-certified vibrant creative office in Chippendale. Everything in our office is from reclaimed or found materials, second-hand or eco-certified – except for the Macs… and the people!
On people – we absolutely promote a culture of diversity and inclusion so no matter your colour, creed or identification, we’d love to hear from you about this role.
A bit more
Our team has an undisputed understanding of the many sectors that purpose and social causes touch including lifestyle, technology, built environment, health, FMCG and apparel.
We are trusted by our networks that those we advocate for are real, meaningful and creating true impact. Through embracing traditional PR methods and new media, our team is constantly inspired by new challenges, topics and content, and is committed to ensuring cut-through and success.
A key part of our mission is to create change within the broader community, and we are known to create content that gets noticed, bypassing ‘cause-fatigue’.
We consider what we do to be a success when we’ve been able to take these stories to everyday Australians and beyond. That is where we can have real impact and real change.
Ready to make a change?
If you are a highly motivated and results-driven individual passionate about social media and public relations, please apply with your resume and a cover letter explaining your qualifications and interest in the role.