Account Director - Jack Morton Australia
Posted 20 Jul 2022
Closes 19 Aug 2022
We are seeking a brand experience professional passionate about delivering extraordinary work and growing client relationships.
You will love a fast-paced environment and be tenacious and proactive in your approach to seeking out great ideas and innovative solutions to client challenges and business problems.
Connected to Jack Morton globally, you will work on meaty regional and global opportunities but also enjoy the freedom and autonomy that comes from working in a small, dynamic, agile team here in Australia.
You will work beyond the realms of Jack Morton, collaborating with the Content Studio, Weber Shandwick team and other specialists to leverage the expertise and offerings of different disciplines – all aiming to create compelling integrated solutions for our clients and deliver outstanding work.
You will understand the unique role that brand experience plays in creating meaningful, memorable and lasting consumer connections.
- Work with the Senior Leadership Team to support the Jack Morton Australia office in providing intelligent solutions to our clients.
- Grow our current clients by building deeper and more extensive relationships with them.
- Find and develop business opportunities with new clients.
- Represent Jack Morton within the marketplace.
- Own revenue and profitability of your accounts
Client service behaviours
The key behaviours that you will embody when you are part of our Client Services team:
- Entrepreneurial instincts – You will not settle for the status quo. You will be curious. You will follow a thread and see opportunities where others will not. You will understand a need and find a solution to meet it.
- Bravery – You know what to do when you have nothing to do, and you will not be afraid of the unknown or the blank piece of paper
- Passion for the strategy – You will be able to have complex conversations at a broader business level and be able to sell in the strategic story to a diverse audience including C-Suite.
- Big picture thinker – You will think business knowledge, not operational. Selling the project, not delivering it. Defining the scope, not managing it.
- Champion of Jack Morton – You will exemplify a passion for the company by embracing and modelling our vision and values
You will work with an internal team of strategists, planners, creative directors, designers and producers through the proposal, production, and post-production phases of projects – representing the client’s interests, winning business, doing great work and growing the account by seeking new revenue opportunities.
You will grow and deepen Jack Morton’s relationship with the clients by driving innovative, creative solutions and ensuring that we add value at every stage of the process. In addition, you will take accountability for owning the client relationship and understanding their long-term objectives.
- Own, develop and execute a plan that will help deliver and grow on financial targets for the organic portfolio – paying particular attention to our key accounts’ performance (proactively securing a balanced and consistent mix of projects to mitigate risk)
- Be the go-to for clients, earning their confidence and respect by consistently delivering and exceeding expectations.
- Proactively seek opportunities to do more for our clients. You will apply your passion for marketing, your general marketplace knowledge and your deep understanding of the client’s needs to shape innovative, proactive proposals
- You will work with the Operational and Executive Leadership Teams to explore new business opportunities, assess both the opportunity and the approach and convert those opportunities into profitable business.
- You will provide accurate reporting in preparation for forecast calls
- Stay abreast of client billing escalation issues and ensure they get resolved.
- You will guide finance and procurement to negotiate with clients effectively.
- Build internal relationships within agency networks and represent the office externally across business partners.
- Act as subject matter expert on best practices bringing to bear significant experience and insight daily.
- Partner with Brand Marketing to develop Award submissions and Case Studies.
- Responsible for empowering the project delivery process from planning to creative to execution
- Be the eyes and ears of the client to ensure that the team deliver extraordinary work and a high standard of client experience.
- Develop solutions that leverage agency offerings and are mutually beneficial for the client and the agency
- Understand our client’s business and serve as a strategic partner
- Build and maintain effective relationships, ensuring that all client needs are listened to, understood and responded to in a timely way
- Accountable for the fiscal health of account(s), overall revenue and growth
- Ensure that an opportunity brief is developed to set the stage for strategy development
- Lead cross-discipline collaboration to protect creative integrity and ensure ROI
- Collaborate with Strategy and Creative to ensure all creative content and agency solutions address the business need
- Contribute new ideas in creative brainstorms to generate ideas for clients, represent client interests and clearly communicate to the internal team
- Be a champion of extraordinary work – by providing inspiration, leadership and expertise in the agency’s offerings and acting as protector and shepherd of extraordinary ideas
- Exceed expectations with the overall quality of the work (ideas and impact), yielding recognition from the industry, award shows and our clients
- Leadership – you will demonstrate and provide leadership by driving the process on your projects/ accounts
- Team effectiveness – you will create a collaborative working environment where the notion of “team” comes first
- Developing others – you will educate and inspire team members to embrace continuous learning and ensure the team is adequately trained and immersed in your client’s brands and is set up for success as we solve our clients’ business problems and deliver quality work
- Sales Drive: Persists despite challenges given potential long-term payoff. Develops as many relationships within a client organisation as possible to foster partnership. Works to secure new opportunities in a timely fashion
- Organisational Sophistication: Understands group dynamics underlying client and colleague behaviour. Uses a broader understanding of organisational structure and culture, its relevant power bases and decision-making processes to deliver quality work.
- Influencing Others: Works with others to influence the outcome of an event. Employs chains of indirect influence (e.g., “Get A to influence B so B will persuade C.”). Uses more than one method to influence and adapt each technique to the audience and context. Open to alternative opinions and able to modify an agenda based on the situation.
- 5 + years of marketing/client service experience
- Strong decision-making, project management and organisational skills
- Ability to translate client needs into workable plans/projects
- Confident presenter and persuasive speaker
- Demonstrated account management competencies: accountability for results, strategic competence, client focus, team effectiveness, developing others, sales drive, organisational sophistication and influencing others.
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial and endlessly curious
Meet Jack Morton
Jack Morton is a global brand experience agency. Through the power of experience, we create meaningful relationships between people and brands.
We believe great experiences drive loyalty and build advocates, but extraordinary experiences create Experience Brands. Brands that deliver proof on their promise at every touchpoint, time and time again.
At the core of our agency is our people. Founded by a man nearly a century ago who believed that experiences move people to act, we continue to live by this notion today. We are a dedicated team of strategists, creative innovators, world-class designers, futurists, operational experts and business partners.
Born out of smart insights and built creatively with a content-first approach, our critically award-winning experiences are imaginative and engaging, innovative beyond expectation, and flawlessly executed.
Every day we are driven to do one thing: Be Extraordinary.
This desire fuels our work and our culture. Because we don’t want to be ordinary. And neither do you.
Weber Shandwick is our sister agency with whom we collaborate every day to create to bring unique and differentiated solutions for our clients. They are a global in-culture communications agency built to make brave ideas connect with people. The agency is led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators and has won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry, including Ad Age’s A-List, Campaign, PRovoke’s Agency of the Decade, PRWeek’s Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work.
The firm has earned more than 135 Lions at the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, including 36 Lions in 2021 to become the most-awarded PR agency. Weber Shandwick also received Honourable Mention (and the only PR agency) on the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Global Marketing Agencies in 2021.
We are a unique Australian agency collective of proven experts from two global brands. A rare collaboration between committed lovers of Creative, PR, Experience & Content. A new model for insightful storytelling that builds brands and drives demand.
We love people who care more than they’re asked.
Who relish trust, fairness, and the opportunity to influence the work and the workplace from the ground up. who thrive on the responsibility of freedom over the rigidity of rules for the chance to be extraordinary.
Employment: Full-time (hybrid)
Based: Level 7, 822 George Street, Chippendale, NSW 2008